Sunday, October 10, 2010

Chilly Fall Day

It is a damp cool day here in western Nebraska.   It was as well yesterday, except it was sunny in the morning.  Perfect fall weather!!  I haven't blogged in forever.   Seems as though I get sidetracked much too easily.   Busy at work with state reports right now, among other projects.   You know I blog about those state reports every few months! 

We had been gone last weekend for a funeral, so yesterday I caught up on home chores, and I always feel better when my house gets back in order, or somewhat.   I need to really get deep into some organizing, and paint the kitchen, and, and, and....oh, well.

I also mowed the lawn yesterday, finishing up as it started to rain....but got it done.  Not only was I needed to pick up leaves, the grass had grown a lot.  So, it took a little extra time.  It looked so petty and green...but of course, leaves are starting to cover it again.  It's a good thing I am not a stay at home wife, because I get way too anal about keeping them picked up, and would go nuts.   I looked across the street and their lawn is covered...and it is supposed to be really windy...so guess where they will land?   Hmm.

I have been trying to cook or bake something each weekend.  I made posole and homemade tortillas one weekend, cabbage burgers and kolaches one (nothing like mixing our ethnicities here) and yesterday just baked banana bread and a cake.   I asked hubby what he wanted to eat.   He said hamburger gravy on mashed potatoes.  Ha!   Can't beat that old simple food sometimes!  

Well, just wanted to check in.   I am working on a new project...getting my recipes online in my google docs.   Could be interesting.

Have a great Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment