Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Get the look...???

A friend and I were recently at a mall, where she stopped to buy a gift card for her teenaged niece.   I was looking around at the great new styles for younger people (younger than me, I guess).   Very cute.   However, how can they afford it?     Several of the styles involved five layers...I am serious.  Some of the shirts were 50.00?   Times 5?   Hmm.   I guess I live in a different world.  Maybe I'll stick to just two layers.  

Anyway, tonight I was looking on line to see if I could find a photo of the "layered" look, since I forgot to take a picture with my phone at the mall.   I found this...Instructions on layering.   Wow, what a hoot.

Instructions

Things You'll Need:

  • Time to try on shirts at your favorite store
  1. Layering a dainty camisole with a blouse is a hot trend. Make sure the blouse is long enough to be tucked into your pants so the camisole can take center stage.
  2. Seek out tops made specifically for laying. Most companies are now making sweaters and shirts that are thin enough to layer comfortably.
  3. When layering, make sure the necklines of the shirts are different. This adds flair and variety to the style.
  4. Make sure the base shirt has the highest neckline.
  5. Introduce your favorite summer tee to the fall and winter months by layering it with a long sleeve cotton shirt.      Read more: How to Achieve the Layered Shirt Look | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how_2149145_achieve-layered-shirt-look.html#ixzz10JvdvCLH

    I mean, really..instructions on how to dress.   Hmmm....oh, and after you layer your shirts, and vests, you have to add some chunky jewelry...a couple items or more...so plan on more money for that, and then you get to start on what you wear on the bottom...

No comments:

Post a Comment