Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Weekend Recap #2

Last fall when we were in Dubois for Thanksgiving, I found this great buy at the little shop there-antique spice bottles on a little rack.   I didn't do anything with it because I then decorated for Christmas.  Then, I kinda forgot about it.   So, I got it out this weekend, and got it revamped and on display.  Here you can see how it looked (with one of the bottles)....they had painted the lids yellow to match their shelf, at some point.  Of course, the lids are originally red. 

There was a story behind the spice bottles, but I can't recall it right now, and these bottles are very old.  I couldn't decide whether to take the bottle lidss back to the original red, or repaint to match my own kitchen.

There are twelve spice bottles.

Funny...some of the bottles still had spices in them!   Took me a while to "dissolve" some cinnamon in one and get them cleaned up...and I had to scrape the homemade labels off too!   A couple even have the "shakers" in them:

I had this can of paint in my "paint" cupboard...it is a Martha Stewart color that looks like my green fire-king dishes.

I had previously used this paint to spruce up an antique kitchen cupboard:
Anyway...

 A little bit of work and I ended up with this:
 

No comments:

Post a Comment