Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Top 5 Films To Avoid Before Saying "I Do"

As I am getting married this coming weekend, the rest of this week’s posts will have a wedding related theme.  Today I will look at some films that you should not watch on the eve of your wedding.


Top 5 Films To Avoid Before Saying "I Do":



Runaway Bride – I am still waiting for a runaway groom film to be made, although something tells me it will not have the same appeal with the ladies like this film did. Regardless, there is nothing more embarrassing than being ditched at the altar last minute.




The War of the Roses – Sure it has got a happy ending of sorts, not to mention that it is pretty funny as well, but you should probably wait until after the Honeymoon to revisit The Roses’ bitter divorce battle.





Husbands and Wives – Really, I could have chosen any Woody Allen film as many of his works deal with the demise of relationships and finding new love. Personally I really liked this film but, in the context of this list, realizing that you have married the wrong person may not be the best thing to watch before you say “I do.”




Little Children – Another film that I absolutely love. Unfortunately the film's view on suburban life, thought spot on at times, hardly gets you in the mood to spend a lifetime with someone. On any other day this film would be a must see though.




Revolutionary Road – Is it wrong that I totally see where Leo’s character is coming from in the film? I think that is a debate for another day though… Similar to Little Children, which also features Kate Winslet, this film details the horrors of suburban life and marriage. Yet unlike Little Children, where the various couples are miserable from the beginning, Revolutionary Road documents the couple’s journey from happiness to misery. Plus the repercussions in Revolutionary Road are far more damaging.

No comments:

Post a Comment