Friday, December 4, 2009

Bad Romance = good night

Yesterday was spectacular. There is no other word to describe it. The day began like any other, kundalini, work, yoga, dinner, then my friend and I headed to the local amazing coffee shop for an "open cafe" night filled with Hair of the Dog martinis, sweet potato crusted bites, mini-chocolate cakes, and good convos. Then a proposition was placed in front of me, to hit up "Gay night" at a bar called The Groove, which was freakin' ridiculous. We went with my co-worker, his partner, two other guys (one gay one not) and the token two straight girlfriends were my friend and I. I have to tell you, this gay night had it going on. Everyone was super friendly, totally enjoying themselves, and the vibe was upbeat. My friend and I then found ourselves in a circle of all the guys we arrived with, dancing to "Groove is in the heart" and belting Lady Gaga, "Bad Romance" . I had a couple dance offs as well. I would glance over at my friend and we would just start laughing out of pure joy. I have never seen so many great male dancers in my life skaing their hips to Shakira. Gay men have confidence, enthusiasm, great moves, love lady gaga as much as me and know how to have a good time, PLUS no awkward heterosexual pick-up lines all night. My name is Erin, and I am a gay bar night addict.

I had 2 G&T's and am feeling the tiredness toady. I am currently at work, which seems a planet away from last night. I am heading home this weekend for some R&R.

Ra ra ra ra ra ra gaga oh lala.....

Have a good day!

Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment