Tuesday, May 10, 2011

New and Experimental!



I'm always looking for new ways to get stories out.  This story is one of my favorites, and intended from the start to be the first of a series.  Keith Birdsong did the awesome cover.  I used the pseudonym Ian Doyle so the books will be easier to find.  Yes, there will be more.  I love the characters.

But I'm also a big audiobook lover.  I thought this one would be a natural.  At the University of Oklahoma, I'm blessed with meeting some truly intelligent young people with several talents and drives.

One of those is graduating Professional Writing (Journalism) senior, Jaimie Krycho.


As a PW project, Jaimie did an audio interview.  I think she has a beautiful voice and could probably work in the audio arena if she chose.  She also did a Wheel of Time original song on her blog.





She also writes fiction under the name Morgan Locke.




I thought she would be an awesome narrator for the audio version of the story (which we're currently trying to get up on Amazon--stupid internet gremlins).

But, for your listening pleasure, we now have the first chapter of the story here for free.


http://www.archive.org/download/TheAffairOfTheWoodenBoyChapter1/AWB_Chapter1.mp3


No comments:

Post a Comment