Sunday, September 14, 2008

Why You Little...

Sometimes I just have to accept that getting my reusable, cloth grocery bags into the car is success in itself. At least I can always run back to the car for them.

During my last trip to the grocery store, I had ultimate success. Remembering to bring all 4 bags along into the store with me.

The cashier and I traded small talk. He (like most grocery clerks) agreed that most people manage to get their cloth bags to the car but not always into the store. Then for some reason the conversation turned to the bags themselves. Durability most likely... and I pointed to the most colorful one in my little collection.

I mentioned that I've had it for years. I got it as a freebie at some Earth Day event when I was in college.

"Oh I know." he said, "I had the same one for a while." Then he added, "My mom had it when I was a kid."

I glared at him. Then I shamed him a bit for proving my age!

"I got it in college and then you tell me you were a kid! How rude!"

He laughed. And hung his head a bit.

As we finished the transaction and he gave me the obligitory, "Thank you for shopping at Safeway Miss TRS."

I answered, "You're welcome... pipsqueak."

"I deserved that." came his reply.

No comments:

Post a Comment